Do you play the horn?
Do you love playing fun music?
Does the prospect of playing with as many as 12 other horns excite you?
If you’ve answered yes to these questions, consider joining Coup de Brass! Our auditions will be held during Camp Yale and the beginning of the year. Don’t worry, we don’t bite!
Here’s what you need to know:
- Set up a time–Fill out this form! You can also find us at Polyphony, the extracurricular bazaar, or you can shoot an email over to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Audition Requirements
- One excerpt from each of the following categories
- Category 1:
- Strauss Till Eulenspiegel: Excerpt 1 (beginning - rehearsal 1)
- Dvorak Symphony No. 9 (op. 95): IV. Allegro con fuoco, Rehearsal 10-11
- Beethoven 6: V. Allegretto dotted quarter = 60 ms. 1-10
- Wagner Short Call (Gotterdammerung), Act I: Sigfried’s Rhine Journey, Vivace
- Haydn 31, excerpt 4: III Minuet, Trio. (no repeats)
- Strauss Ein Heldenleben: Lebhaft bewegt (beginning - 1st beat of #1)
or Festes Zeitmas (78-measure before 80)
- Category 2:
- Tchaikovsky Symphony No. 5 (op. 64): II. Andante cantibile, con alcuna licenza, 7 before A to 8 after A
- Shostakovich Symphony No. 5 (op. 47): I. Moderato, Rehearsal 17-21
- Mahler 1: Excerpt 5 (III. Feierlich und gemessen, ohne zu schleppend ms. 113-132; rehearsal 13-15), 2nd horn part
- Brahms Academic Festival Overture (op. 80): Excerpt 2, Un poco maestoso (ms. 143-188) (10 after F - G, can skip rests)
- Category 1:
- Solo excerpt selection (e.g. ~1 min or less from a solistic work, i.e. Gliere Op.91)
- Sight reading in quartet (no need to prepare)